Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BOYS DAY SAMURAI ARMOR

May 5th is the Boys Day Festival, families with boys display Samurai armor or models of armor and helmets. In my house, Samurai armor is on display all year round... Above is my main suit, a tousei gussoku armor on display in my living room
This is an early to mid Edo Period (1603~1868) " bitsa"set made up of "bitsa" one armor, "bitsa" another,...various pieces. The haidate thigh protectors I got in Australia, the do, body armor at an antiques fair, the hanbo, chin and throat guard at a separate antiques event, the chochin kabuto helmet and the chu-sode arm guards I bough off a friend.  
This is a restored tatami gussoku light munitions armor dating from the late 1500's and stands in my dining room. For my home, it's boys day every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment