Thursday, July 2, 2009

RAINY NIGHT

Wednesday July 1. About 9pm, I was driving through the city in possibly the heaviest rain we've seen this year. The wipers were on full, but even then I could hardly see...
The streets were awash, and traffic was slowed to a near crawl
Nagoya City's main thoroughfare, Sakura-Dori became Sakura River. I was navigating through the traffic listening to my i-pod when it played Japanese band The Echoes hit, ZOO. The song is beautiful, the wet city reflected in the streets was beautiful. For a few minutes I could forget the troubles of the world and enjoy a few moments alone in my car. It felt right, so I played the song again.
As the rain bucketed down, it was just me, the Echoes ZOO, the sound of the rain pounding on the canvas roof of my convertible and splashing off the hood and the surrounding cars splashing in the wet wet roads. It was bliss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment