Sunday, February 28, 2010

SAMURAI SHOOT

Went on location for a shoot and series of interviews for magazine, Tokai Walker. This time it was a historical theme, and so I wore my Samurai Armour around the ancient castle town of Kiyosu, just west of Nagoya. One stop was at my friend Yamada San's restaurant. Yamada San and I studied armour crafting under the same teacher....
Another stop was at the Kiyosu Armoury, at Kiyosu Castle, where locals learn armour crafting and make lightweight replica suits of armour from aluminium for the Kiyosu Castle Historical Festival and other events....
Not the LAST, but the LOST Samurai,...me in my armour in front of Kiyosu Castle
The armour workshop at Kiyosu Castle,...the old fellas do a great job making the replica armour, and were impressed with my armour too, noting the difference in not just size, but weight too, as my suit is a real set, not replica, and the weight of lacquered steel is much heavier than lightly coated aluminium...

No comments:

Post a Comment