Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SAMURAI SUMMIT STARTS

July 6,...At Nagoya's International Airport, Centerair, for the media launch and press conference for the World Samurai Summit. As one of the producers of the event, I explained my reasons for wanting to create such an event, and what I hope to create in the future. Most of the city's press and electronic media were there, and the event was u-streamed across the world on the internet.
I was joined by members of the Omotenashi Busho Tai, or the Famous Samurai Warrior Team. This team recreate the areas most famous warriors and hold events and appearances daily at Nagoya Castle. They even take on the personas of the characters they are re-creating, going as far as speaking in medieval Japanese,...(which often confuses me) and referring to each other by their character names. With me above, Oda Nobunaga, and Tokugawa Ieyasu, two of the three unifiers of Japan's Civil War period. The guy who plays Ieyasu is a friend from some time back, and the difficult thing is when I talk to him in character, it's different from when he's plain old Gakku Kun! When he's the Shogun Ieyasu,...he's IEYASU!!
This first Samurai Summit takes place on the weekend of July 31 and August 1., and features a Samurai parade, a foreign Samurai team display, and Samurai events. At long, long last, the Samurai are returning to Nagoya!

No comments:

Post a Comment