Tuesday, October 6, 2009

SUNFLOWER ART

Just recently completed this painting of Sunflowers and a bee for a friend. The 1 x 1.4 meter canvas is a bit dark in the picture here, but you get the idea. The sunflower's central bits I painted each of the seeds one by one, however the effect wasn't what I was after and so the central bit was painted over. Rather than do every single seed and pistil again, I did a rough version which gave a better effect....
Close up of the bee and of the petals. The fuzzy bits on the bee and the contrasting shell came out well. I think it looks better seeing the painting itself rather than these photos.....
Close up of the 2 background sunflowers. Again, a little darker than the bright colored original. Not having done much art work in some time, I found this to be most therapeutic, concentrating on the detail and the work rather than of all life's little (and big) problems. It's re-ignited my desire to paint more, so if you don't see me on face book, or out and about on the streets much, you know where I'll be and what I'll be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment