Thursday, December 3, 2009

SAMURAI ARMOURY

Time for a little carpentry handiwork. My old Wood Work Teacher would be proud...
I bought some pieces of wood at the 100 YEN Shop, measured it all out, and cut it up with my little saw (also purchased some time ago from the 100 Yen Shop)
And then hammered it together, to make an armor stand for my latest aquisition, a late 17th C. suit of Samurai armour... It had it's original box, but not a display stand, so I made one.
Once the stand was complete and the parts assembled for display, in the way of the old Samurai families, this is how it looks. This set has it's original war surcoat or Jinbaori
Now there are 4 sets of Samurai armour on display in the PPF meeting room,....prompting my manager to ask "Are we a media production company or an armoury??" Surely after all these years of working together she should know .......we're a museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment