Sunday, October 3, 2010

BLOG ON BLOG

Over the last few months I have been too busy to update my English blog, and so in an attempt to catch up, have skipped a large amount of content that appears on my Japanese site.
As you may know, RADIO-i has ceased operations. In the 2 and a half months since the announcement to end operations was issued, I have attempted to save the station, and have spent those months planning the new station, and attempting to gain investors and potential sponsors.
Unfortunately, the owners of the station were worried that I would make a success of the station, which would in turn be an embarrassment to them. In the 10 years they operated the station, not once did they make budget. They continued to hamper my efforts until the very end. Despite me getting the interest of a number of investors, and promises of enough funds to continue, I have been forced to discontinue my challenge of keeping the station going.
For now.
79.5FM Radio-i has become the first radio station in Japan's history to return their license to the Ministry Of Telecommunications.
My blog continues from here, apologies for the huge gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment