Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NAGOYA CASTLE MOAT BOAT CRUISE

As part of the 400th anniversary, Nagoya Castle is offering special moat boat tours!
As part of my regular Tuesday program on TV Aichi, I got the chance to look at parts of the moat not usually accessible, and the northern face stonework up close.... First we were led down a rampart not open to the public...
From there, the punt boats were moored in a spot that once served as an escape route for residents of the castle's 2nd Citadel should Nagoya ever be attacked. All aboard,...
With camera crew in tow, we climbed aboard for a 40 minute moat boat tour, complete with guide!
Not quite the Disney Jungle Cruise, but just as interesting... It was quite relaxing, and I'm hoping to go again privately so I can take some more photos up-close of an area usually only seen from outside the Northern Moat... Might even take a fishing rod with me next time too...

No comments:

Post a Comment