Friday, October 22, 2010

NAGOYA FESTIVAL PARADE 1

25 years ago, when I was an exchange student, my host father's friend in Nagoya took part in the Nagoya Festival Heroes Of The Civil War parade. That friend sent a special booklet made about his experience in the parade, ...I loved it, and was given it later. I still treasure it even today. It was my dream from that time to be part of the parade myself. 25 years later, in the parade marking the 400th anniversary of Nagoya, I got to take part, in my own armour too!
The parade wound it's way along the city streets of central Nagoya. The crowds were up to 10 rows deep. I rode one of the floats with Tokai Radio announcer Jinno Mie, Nagoya's image character Hachi Maru and an announcer.
With the parade organising staff prior to the parade....

No comments:

Post a Comment