Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SAMURAI ARMOUR IN NAKASENDO

Nov 19. Took a trip to Gifu Prefecture to visit the Nakasendo Museum, a private collection of antiques and art. One of the rooms there was of particular interest, the Samurai Arms and Armour room.
The hall housed a number of swords, weapons and Samurai armour.
This one was my favourite...
The privately owned collection isn't bad at all,...well, it beats my meagre collection of 4 suits of armour and numerous helmets and bits and pieces anyway!
My friend Oshiro San was there on business, video taping a documentary, as well as photographing a catalogue of the museums' Kabuki costume collection. Here I am talking him into doing the same for the museums' armour and weapons collection. Naturally he'd have to include me on such a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment