Monday, August 3, 2009

ANTIQUE KATO KUN

Sunday August 2. Got a call from an old friend, Kato Kun, asking if I was going to the August antiques fair in Nagoya. I wasn't even aware there was one on this weekend, so I promised to meet him there! There were a few interesting items for sale again, but a lot of fake antiques too! Kato Kun and I were particularly interested in the various arms and armor on display.
Kato Kun and I have been friends for about 15 years now. We met through the Japan Armor and Weapons Research and Preservation Society. If you ever thought I was a Japanese history fanatic, I'm nothing compared to Kato Kun! This guy has a knack for finding antique treasures, and getting them for a pittance. He now deals in antiques, and certainly knows his stuff! The former acupuncturist had a stroke about a year and a half ago. It was great to see him looking and sounding so much better, and being able to walk better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment