Thursday, August 20, 2009

IN THE KNOW

August 8. Hadn't been to the movies in such a long time, and seeing as I'm appearing on the silver screen, albeit in a commercial, and having a free ticket thanks to that commercial, I went off to Nagoya's Midland Square Cinemas. A pre movie snack was in order while I decided what to see.
Finally I decided that the new Nicholas Cage movie "Knowing" looked interesting. Looked is the operative word! This was one huge cliche of a movie! Widower scientist father has a smart-aleck son with special powers and who greatly misses his mother, meets good looking mother with daughter in a similar situation. The kids end up being abducted by strange guys leading to obligatory car chase and crash, finally the big special effects of blowing up the world city by city.
It was a mix of various movies, ranging from Sixth Sense and Da Vinci Code to the Mel Gibson movie Sign, also Armageddon and the end of Indy Jones 4 thrown in for good (?) measure.
Look at it this way, if it wasn't a free ticket, I'd be wanting my money back. As it is, I want my 2 hours back!!....oh, what the hell, I'd only waste them anyway!
Without being biased, the commercial I'm appearing in was more enjoyable than the movie. The commercial runs through August across the Central Japan region.

No comments:

Post a Comment